2014 Subaru Forester body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Subaru Forester:

2014 Subaru Forester Owner Comments

Jul 252015

I had just gassed up at bj's in farmingdale and was pulling into a parking spot adjacent to and facing the pump area I had just left. Separating my parking space and the pump I just left was a curb and a short uphill embankment of about 45 degrees, and 20 feet to the roadwaway in front of the pump I had just left. As I "stopped" the car, it instead lurched forward, up and over the embankment, ripping out the undercarriage protective shield. This was all a distance of about 30 feet. With my braking it, the car stopped and I was able to drive to a safe area and inspect the damage. There was no leakage, but scraping on the underside of the front bumper, and I then realized the protective plastic shroud had remained at the embankment scene, so I retrieved it. The speed I noted is a guess, but the car had to climb a height of perhaps 8 feet in a 20 foot distance! very fortunately, there were no injuries, but, my "landing spot" was 20 feet in front of the car gassing up in the spot I had just left, adjacent to 6 double rows of gas pumps! had I selected 1 or 2 parking spots adjacent, my car would have crashed into them all! I have brought the car to hicksville NY suburu this am and they found no problem with the car, other than to reattach the shroud. I and they have no explanation, other than possibly the driver floor mat, which had a recall but appears to be in its proper place, and I have pictures of same which I took upon retiring home after the incident.

- N. Massapequa, NY, USA

Aug 172014

Forester 4-cyl

Just pulled into a parking spot, foot on brake, car surged.

- Pomona, NY, USA

May 182014

In parking spot, foot on brake, car suddenly surged.

- Pomona, NY, USA

Jun 192014

Forester 4-cyl

I was turning left on an arrow and a car ran the red light resulting in a head on collision with me, I was driving about 3mph and he was driving 45mph. His car was totalled, airbags deployed and on fire. I had front end damage and my airbags did not deploy nor did the seat belt lock up. As a result I hit the steering wheel with my knee and my ankle got lacerated and blunt trauma from the brake/accelartation pedal.

- Columbus, OH, USA

Jun 062014

Forester 4-cyl

I slowly pulled into a parking space at walmart and the vehicle suddenly accelerated violently and jumped the median. The car crashed into metal racks with plants on them. The car was suspended on the median. Witnesses saw that the car surged forward while my brakes lights were on as I slowed to enter the parking space. Earlier on the day of the accident and the day before I noticed that the car hesitated (chugging while I was driving about 20 mph), but that stopped when I entered the highway. I now think this is somehow related to the acceleration surge.

- Seymour, CT, USA

Jun 052014

Forester 4-cyl

I was driving up my driveway. I was braking when the car jerked forward and hit the garage door. I was able to stop the car by applying the brakes. The garage door was damaged as was the front bumper and grill of the car.

- Avon Lake, OH, USA