2014 Subaru Forester seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Subaru Forester:

2014 Subaru Forester Owner Comments

Oct 012015

2014 sabaru Forester. Consumer writes in regards to vehicle seat head rest, seat belt and rear view visibility issues. The consumer stated there was limited rear view visibility with two large blind spots due to a 64 square inch head rest. Also, the seat belt angled from the roof diagonally, therefore limiting rear view vision. The center head rest was only two inches high, rather than the lateral head rest being eight inches high.

- Champaign, IL, USA

Apr 192015

Forester 4-cyl

While driving my car on the highway, (approximate 65 mph) I got a message on the console that indicated that SRS system had shut down and the red air bag light went on. I drove it home and then turned the car off. When I restarted it, the red air bag light went away. The next day while I was riding on the passenger side, the red airbag light went off and a note on the console said that the front passenger side airbag was not operational. I took the vehicle to the Subaru dealer who could not recreate the issue and turned the car back to us.

- Cary, NC, USA

Jun 192014

Forester 4-cyl

I was turning left on an arrow and a car ran the red light resulting in a head on collision with me, I was driving about 3mph and he was driving 45mph. His car was totalled, airbags deployed and on fire. I had front end damage and my airbags did not deploy nor did the seat belt lock up. As a result I hit the steering wheel with my knee and my ankle got lacerated and blunt trauma from the brake/accelartation pedal.

- Columbus, OH, USA