8.4

2016 Subaru Forester electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Subaru Forester:

2016 Subaru Forester Owner Comments

Forester

We got our 2016 Subaru Forester premium 2.5I from bay ridge dealer in brooklyn on June 7,2016.

- Broooklyn, NY, USA

Forester

The contact owns a 2016 Subaru Forester. While driving 50 mph, the vehicle stalled and was able to be restarted after some time. The failure recurred on numerous occasions. The vehicle was towed to a dealer where it was diagnosed that there was a computer glitch, but was unable to suggest or perform any repairs. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 300.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

Forester

Non-turbo model stalls in traffic without warning. First air conditioner shuts off, along with electrical, then engine stalls. Nothing unusual prior to shutting off. Vehicle becomes nearly impossible to control with limited braking and steering. Car will not immediately re-start. This has occurred six times since new; dealer has not fixed problem, but has seen video of the car stalling in traffic that my wife took while I was driving. Vehicle was in gear, moving at low to moderate speed each time, with ac operating and no other accessories or unusual situations.

- Lutherville, MD, USA

Mar 102016

Forester

My 2016 Subaru lost all power 160 miles from my home on interstate 40 in lexington North Carolina.....I was sold this starlink enhanced roadside assistace when I purchased the car.....well this system failed miserably and I was almost struck by a tractor trailer....I was stuck on a bridge with no shoulder and explained to both operators on starlink after my first 4 attempts to reach emergency services failed after hitting the "sos" button above my head....finally it came on....the operator had no clue where my location was.....Subaru touts this service as "starlink will know your exact coordinates" well that could not be anything farther from the truth...."can you tell me what mile marker you are at"...no I said....."any llandmarks you can see" he said......"um no I said...I am in the middle of nowhere"....you have to give me more information than this" he had the nerve to say....."I said for what reason did I pay $150 for a service that gave me a very dangerous false sense of security.....attached you will find Subaru marketing material and false advertisements on the safety and effectiveness of the system....I am having tractor trailers passing me at over 70 miles an hour literally 4 feet from me....I had to get out of my car and seek protection in 30 degree weather behind a metal barrier on the bridge.....I was told my tow truck would take 2 hours to get to me......some how an hour later I was able to get the car to start and move it to a safer place just off the next exit.....some one will die from the lack of this system delivering on its bold promises....is it going to be after I send this letter and it is ignored?

- Greenville, SC, USA