2004 Subaru Impreza seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Subaru Impreza:

2004 Subaru Impreza Owner Comments

Oct 172016

Impreza

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2004 Subaru Impreza. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V323000 (air bags); however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Chino Valley, AZ, USA

Apr 152016

Impreza

Subaru recall campaign wqr-53 NHTSA recall no. 15V-323 called the dealer three times to have it replace. No called back what or where do I go from here.

- Monterey, CA, USA

Jul 032015

Impreza

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2004 Subaru Impreza. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 15V32300 (air bags) and stated that the part was not available within a reasonable time frame to schedule the recall repair. The dealer did not give a specific date for when the part would become available. The manufacturer could not provide an estimated date for when the contact's vehicle would receive the recall repair. The contact was not experiencing a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Peoria, IL, USA

Mar 072016

Impreza

Takata recall - I received a recall letter dated July 2015. Having received no update I called the dealership, duteau Subaru, in Lincoln, ne this fall. They said they had no parts. On Subaru's website today I read instructions to call the dealership and make an appointment for repair. Calling the dealership I was unable to make an appointment. They did offer to put my name on a waiting list should parts arrive.

- Grand Island, NE, USA

Jul 102015

Impreza

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2004 Subaru Impreza. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V323000 (air bags). The part was not available within a reasonable time frame to schedule the recall repair. The dealer did not give a specific date for when the part would become available. The manufacturer could not provide an estimated date for when the vehicle would receive the recall repair. The contact was not experiencing a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Irvington, NY, USA

Feb 102015

Impreza

The airbag light is on and I do not know why. I have not been in a crash, but I am worried it may deploy or fail to deploy.

- Carmel, CA, USA

Aug 142014

Impreza

I have received a notice that my car is being recalled under Subaru recall campaign wql-48 (NHTSA recall number 14V-399), for a problem with airbag inflators. Since then, I have contacted 3 different Subaru dealers to try and schedule a time to bring my car in to have the work performed. However, I was told that they don't have the necessary parts in stock. I have contacted Subaru of America, and was told that I will be receiving another letter once the parts are available to perform the recall work. From what I understand, the manufacturer has a certain time window to notify the consumer once the recall is announced; however, I feel that in this case, the notification is useless, since I'm unable to get the car repaired.

- Menlo Park, CA, USA

Sep 042005

Impreza 4-cyl

2004 WRX sedan air bags did not deploy upon impact. The consumer sustained facial contusions and memory loss.

- Corona, CA, USA

Mar 072005

Impreza

2004 Subaru Impreza WRX's air bags failed to deploy. Minor injuries were sustained as a result of the accident.

- Chino, CA, USA