2006 Subaru Impreza seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Subaru Impreza:

2006 Subaru Impreza Owner Comments

Jul 112016

Impreza

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Subaru Impreza. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V358000 (air bags). The dealer indicated that the parts were unavailable to schedule the repair and may not become available until the last quarter of 2017. The dealer also indicated that they would provide a loaner vehicle, but the contact never received one. The manufacturer was not notified. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Annapolis, MD, USA

Oct 182016

Takata recall

- Gloversville, NY, USA

Jul 302016

Impreza

July 30 received a recall notice for passenger airbag in 2006 Subaru Impreza. I have called Subaru at least 5 times to ask when parts will be available. Each time I call Subaru to check on parts I get a different answer as to when parts will be available. In July, I was told 6-8 weeks. After 8 weeks, I was told that parts would be showing up in 1-2 weeks (at the end of September). At the end of September, I was told parts would be available sometime between September and February. When I called a week later, I was told parts would be available at the end of September. I didn't hear from anyone so I called at the beginning of October, when I was told parts would be available in February. It has already been over 12 weeks since I received the recall and have not been able to drive with anyone in the passenger seat of my car. I would like to know what NHTSA is doing to assist in getting these cars repaired.

- Kingston, MA, USA

Jul 302016

Impreza

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Subaru Impreza. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V358000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Part distribution disconnect.

- Kingspan, MA, USA

Jun 142016

Impreza

Takata recall. This car is unsafe to drive due to the airbag issue. Yet, Subaru is not replacing the airbag in a timely fashion. Thus, my child is forced to drive this unsafe car because we can't afford a new car. The airbags need to replaced immediately.

- Greenville, PA, USA

Jul 012016

Impreza

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Subaru Impreza. The contact received notification of a manufacturer recall concerning the air bags. The dealer and manufacturer indicated that the parts may not be available for two months. The contact was uncertain of when the vehicle would be repaired. The VIN and NHTSA campaign number were not available. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Tucson, AZ, USA

Jul 202007

Impreza 4-cyl

I hit a bear at 55mph with the cruise control on. The bear leaped off the bank in directly in front of the vehicle. The crash that resulted in the bear being killed instantly, about 600 lbs. Of bear. The car came to an instant halt with the front end being pushed back, lights, grille, fender, hood, ect. No air bags deployed. After calling Subaru of America, I was advised to let my insurance handle it, but after much argument was assigned a case number of 1020805 by Subaru. This is not a insurance problem, this is Subaru problem. The vehicle was towed back to first team in roanoke Virginia and the collision shop advised me to contact Subaru.

- Iron Gate, VA, USA