3.2

2008 Subaru Impreza clutch problems

clutch problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Subaru Impreza:

2008 Subaru Impreza Owner Comments

Jan 082014

Impreza 4-cyl

The clutch pedal on my 2008 WRX makes a loud creaking noise every time it's depressed. When I investigated the noise, I noticed that the entire clutch pedal bracket assembly (attached to the forward firewall) shifts approx 1/4 inch every time the clutch pedal is depressed. I found that the three spot welds securing the clutch pedal bracket to the forward firewall were broken. From the outside of the firewall, just under the windshield wipers, I saw the spot welds pulling away from the firewall every time the clutch pedal was depressed. This allows the entire clutch pedal bracket assembly to move, causing the creaking noise. If the bracket completely separates from the firewall, the clutch may become completely inoperative - especially dangerous while driving.

- El Mirage, AZ, USA