3.1

2010 Subaru Impreza accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Subaru Impreza:

2010 Subaru Impreza Owner Comments

Apr 282015

Impreza

The sun visor on the driver's side drops down. The swivel pin that holds it in place consists of a plastic sleeve covering a metal rod. The plastic sleeve has broken and will not exert enough force to keep the visor from unexpectedly dropping down, obscuring the driver's vision. This has happened on the interstate at highway speed (65 mph). Apparently, this is a common problem in 2010 and related years of the Impreza as there are multiple reports of this on the internet and there are even aftermarket parts manufacturers selling redesigned replacement visors. This is definitely a "thrill" when it happens in traffic, at highway speed and you can't see.

- Columbus, OH, USA

Oct 052013

Impreza 4-cyl

Driving in heavy traffic at 65-70mph the sun visor just dropped down blocking my vision. There was no immediate fix as being on the road you can't pull over and just do something with it. I therefore had to hold the visor in place for several miles. Once I was able to pull over there was still no fix, holding the visor in place and driving with one hand in heavy traffic is a hazard for myself and others on the road. I drove for several days like this trying everything from paper in the visor to electrical tape I had purchased hoping to hold it up. Nothing worked. When heading back from Nevada I decided to use a rubber band to criss cross it and secure it to the handle you use to get into the car. Now this was nice except I was heading East and every morning when I left my hotel I could not put the visor down driving into the blinding sun. The sun visor is definitely a safety hazard and should be addressed by Subaru, not just the fact you have to replace with no recourse.

- Richfield Spgs, NY, USA