2011 Subaru Impreza seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Subaru Impreza:

2011 Subaru Impreza Owner Comments

Sep 062016

Impreza

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2011 Subaru Impreza. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V358000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed for the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms part not available.

- Charlottesville, VA, USA

Jul 012016

Impreza

Takata recall - recall status: Recall incomplete. Remedy not yet available this is completely ridiculous, looks like I am putting myself and anyone in my car in harms way if I drive this car. What can I do " what should I do "

- Papillion, NE, USA

Jul 192016

Impreza

"takata recall" it is imperative that I receive my car in a timely manner. As a veteran with no job, it is difficult for me to get from location to location with no vehicle. Not having a vehicle has a negative effect on my life; which is causing undue stress and hardship. I believe that halting my vehicle from shipment without a sufficient amount of time to resolve the issue is unfair to myself and my family. In addition, I was never contacted, via phone, email, or postal, to ensure that I was a breast of the situation. Please help me get my vehicle in a timely manner. I have been expecting my vehicle to be delivered on the 6th of September.

- Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Jul 302016

Impreza 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2011 Subaru Impreza. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V358000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available....updated 09/12/16 updated 09/26/16.

- Trumbull, CT, USA

Aug 222012

Impreza

While stationary or in motion, the passenger detection sensor in the passenger seat will regularly (more than 50% of the time) not detect a full-grown adult passenger weighing ~115 pounds and as a result will not turn on the passenger air bag. The car will only turn on the airbag (and disable the 'passenger airbag off' light) after the passenger vigorously bounces several times on the seat. This is a hazard to anyone that does not appreciate the airbag sensor light and subsequently bounce in the seat.

- Peoria, AZ, USA

Jun 022014

Impreza 4-cyl

2011 Subaru Impreza. Consumer writes in regards to airbag light will indicate off when someone is seated in the front passenger seat. The consumer stated the problem was intermittent.

- Towson, MD, USA

Mar 072013

Impreza 4-cyl

The driver was the only occupant in my vehicle. My vehicle was traveling straight through a controlled intersection. A vehicle approaching from the opposite direction attempted to turn left directly in front of me, causing the collision. My vehicle struck the other vehicle at almost a perfect 90 degree angle, causing extensive damage to the front of my vehicle, including destroying the bumper/bumper cover, front grill, headlights, radiator/ac condenser, both front fenders, hood, etc. Despite the severity of the damage no airbags deployed in my vehicle. The attending police officer (who cited the other driver) and the tow truck driver both commented that they were extremely surprised that the bag(s) did not deploy and that it was their belief that the bag(s) should have deployed.

- Evanston, IL, USA

Aug 192012

Impreza

The vehicle hit a concrete barrier on an exit ramp from the interstate. The hit was front right of the vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy and the seat belt failed to lock causing the driver head injury.

- Post Falls, ID, USA