2014 Subaru Impreza engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Subaru Impreza:

2014 Subaru Impreza Owner Comments

Nov 052015

Impreza

About 6-8 months ago as I was making a turn I pressed the brake pedal and instead of slowing down the engine throttled up. And after a few moments went back to normal. Two weeks ago as I pressed the brake pedal while coming to a stop sign the engine throttled up and I had difficulty coming to a stop. I put the car in park and turned it off. When I started it again the engine immediately went to high throttle to the point that the front of the car started vibrating. I turned it off again and restarted it and this time it was ok. I took the car into the Subaru dealership. Their mechanic ran the diagnostics and was unable to pin point the problem. They decided to call the Subaru technical department and were told to not let me drive the car until their engineer took a look at the problem. This was a week ago and I have not been able to find out what they have found.

- Oakland, CA, USA

Jul 302014

Impreza 4-cyl

Driver was parking vehicle in a parking lot when it suddenly accelerated forward, crossing parking barrier, bushes in planting at edge of lot, and sidewalk hitting a parked car. Driver states that brake was depressed at time of incident.

- Hillsborough, CA, USA

Feb 172014

Impreza

During the month of January 2014 I had a few questionable incidents that happened pulling in to various parking spaces, whether it was the supermarket or the schools with which my children attend and that I work. I didn't think anything of it as this is a new car and it should work perfectly. The week of February 17th this was the moment I knew I wasn't imagining things, my first moment of complete panic as my brand new car unintended accelerated toward my garage. I had just dropped off my child and a neighbors child at school. We carpool to help each other out. I applied as much pressure I could to brake that car. I knew at this moment it wasn't me and that I should have taken more notice and action in January. March 7th it was just another typical day of driving my and my neighbors' children to and from school. We had my son's friend in the car, both are only 9/8 years of age, my daughter, 11, had her friend in the car. We went from the library dropped off my son's friend and proceeded home. We were all laughing and having a good time as we pulled in to the driveway. All of sudden the car had an unintended accelerated moment and raced toward the garage. Once the vehicle finally stopped there, was complete dead silence. Skid marks on my driveway. I immediately went in to call the dealership to inform and find out what to do. March 14th loaded 2 dogs in to the car to go to the park. As we backed out I saw the other two and decided it would be a family affair. We have 4 labradors. So as I pulled back in to the driveway and as we (the dogs and I) pulled in, the car again accelerated towards the garage. At this point I called the dealership again and said that it has happened again. Still they can't find anything wrong and even came and drove it at my house with the car computer attached to a laptop. We drove in and out of our driveway 2 times.

- Scotts Valley, CA, USA