2001 Subaru Legacy fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Subaru Legacy:

2001 Subaru Legacy Owner Comments

Sep 122004

Legacy 4-cyl

Inconsistantly, but frequently my 2001 Subaru Legacy 2.5L wagon surges and/or hesitates. The result is that I have little reliability for acceleration, etc. When driving. This has resulted a near collsions when the car hesitated in the middle of intersections. I no longer feel safe driving it--especially when my 2 young children are in the car. My car has been examined by my mechanic (who specalizes in Subaru and other Japanese cars) and despite experiencing the same problems while driving and several days in the shop, no problem has been diagnosed. My mechanic has consulted Subaru and they have provided no useful advise either.

- Baltimore, MD, USA