2003 Subaru Legacy body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Subaru Legacy:

2003 Subaru Legacy Owner Comments

May 012004

I have a 2003 Subaru Legacy sedan; and while traveling on roads with speed limits of 45 mph or more, I hear swishes from the 2 front windows. They sound as if I have them rolled down just slightly enough to where this constant, and very annoying, whooshing is heard. I travel on the highway everywhere I go, and this sound increases as velocity is increased. It's so I'm constantly checking the power buttons to my windows to see if I have them rolled up all the way. One day me and 3 other family members; rode in my car to spend the afternoon together and once we hit the highway, they all commented on the annoying noise. They even asked if my windows were rolled up tightly. Most of the time, it's superlative to the music coming from my radio. *

- Williamstown, NJ, USA

Nov 062006

Legacy 4-cyl

I own a 2003 Subaru Legacy sedan. As I pick up speed you can hear an increasing wind noise coming from around the front 2 windows. At speeds of 65 mph and above it gets really bad and it starts sounding like a ref blowing his whistle. I take many trips on the interstate and it get really bad and it gets worse if the wind is blowing. This is the only problem I had other than the transmission hesitating and shifting hard upon starting off in drive. Other than these 2 problems in is a great car.

- Valdosta, GA, USA