CarComplaints.com Notes: A relatively dependable vehicle that handles well in bad weather, but increasing concerns about turbo failure in the GT probably means you should look elsewhere if you want a car with a little pep in its step.

2005 Subaru Legacy miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Subaru Legacy:

2005 Subaru Legacy Owner Comments

Oct 012016

Legacy

I received a recall notice for my Subaru Legacy and proceeded to take my car in for inspection at servco Subaru honolulu. They passed my car for a dashboard replacement recall about 6-7 months ago and said they would perform the recall as soon as the parts have come in. Every time I call they say that the parts have not come in yet, which is hard to believe because the recall extended warranty was supposed to be extended until March 31st 2017. At that time I would think they would tell me that the recall would not be covered even if they approved me many months in advance.

- Honolulu, HI, USA

Sep 182009

Legacy

Vehicle was traveling on highway and encountered wet road conditions. Vehicle began to pull to the left and the driver side front bumper collided with center concrete median. Vehicle continues to spin counterclockwise and the passenger side rear bumper collides with the center concrete median before coming to a stop. No other vehicles were involved in the crash. Highway patrol writes up the accident and vehicle was able to be driven home. Vehicle was brought to the insurance collision repair center and insurance determines vehicle to be a total loss. Vehicle has a touted reputation for having a symmetrical AWD system for superior traction and control. Based on the experience of the accident, the vehicle loss traction and the symmetrical AWD did not perform to maintain traction and control.

- Miami, FL, USA