2.1

2009 Subaru Legacy accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Subaru Legacy:

2009 Subaru Legacy Owner Comments

Dec 292013

Legacy 4-cyl

I was driving on a local highway at around 55 mph which is just under the posted 65 mph limit. Suddenly the hood opens and slams into the windshield. It scared the heck out of me, but I was able to maintain control and pull over despite the surrounding traffic. It could have been a lot worse. Once safely on the side of the road, I sat for a few minutes before getting out since I was shaken a bit. I then checked on the damage. The windshield cracked in several places and the hood sustained multiple dents. I was able to re-latch the hood and drove home slowly for fear that it might happen again. I contacted Subaru customer service to inform of the incident and inquire if there was any type of recall or report on hoods releasing while driving. The rep stated there were no recalls or reports at that time. I had already made an appointment at my local Subaru dealer for brake lie corrosion and computer system recalls. The rep suggested that I mention this to the service department and have them check on the hood latch. If it is determined to be a factory defect, then Subaru may be able to make the repairs. I would like to know if anyone out there has experienced a similar mishap whether an older or newer model. This is a real concern since it could result in serious injury or worse.

- New Windsor, NY, USA