2.8

2010 Subaru Legacy brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Subaru Legacy:

2010 Subaru Legacy Owner Comments

Jul 012016

Legacy

Parking brake, electronic parking brake not working has flashing brake light, has this been a recall.

- Leavittsburg, OH, USA

Oct 292015

Legacy

Car shuts off while breaking. Used to happen when stopped but now happens a few times a day when just trying to break. It almost caused an accident a few times. The car shuts off while in drive, lights flash on the dash, I have to put in park and turn the key off. It starts up fine, but happens again and again. It's been going on for about half a year and is getting worse. No one can seem to find any fail codes or anything.

- Upper Chichester, PA, USA

Aug 052013

Legacy 4-cyl

Incident happened yesterday 9am, extreme hot weather. I was parked on a hill- steep parking. Left my sister inside to get a parking ticket to place on my dash board then I came back to put in the dashboard, it was still on parked- my sister went at the back of the car this time and as soon as I removed the keys from ignition it started sliding back and it wouldn't stop- almost running over my sister. I was stepping on the breaks but since the keys are not on the ignition it was not working anymore. Then I placed back the key that stopped the car this time. The door on the driver seat saved us fr further sliding down and running over my sister at the back. It is a safety concern given that it shouldn't be sliding when it's parked. I won't be able to remove my keys when it's not placed on park.

- Newyork, NY, USA