4.7

2010 Subaru Legacy lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Subaru Legacy:

2010 Subaru Legacy Owner Comments

Oct 262016

Legacy

This is the fourth time that my right headlight (low beam ) has burnt out on this car. I see where Subaru has recalled other models for headlight problems. Why not this model ?

- Chicora, PA, USA

Dec 132013

Legacy

We purchased this vehicle used, one owner, in May 2013. We have constantly had to replace headlight and MINIbulbs. We have not purchased Subaru bulbs and did not have dealer to install. Dealer is 2 hrs away and would be too expensive. I do not believe the problem is with the bulbs but is something wrong with this model car. They are very difficult to get to and to replace as my husband and I replace them each time. On November 27, 2013, one headlight went out and then before we replaced it on December 13, 2013 the other headlight went out. I had to drive home (about one hour) in the dark and thank god I was not involved in an accident. But this is very dangerous and it happens all the time. We just don't know when or if both will be out at the same time. Purchased 5/25/13, 11/27/13 headlight out, 12/13/13 headlight out, 3/12/14 MINIbulbs replaced, 7/1/14 headlight out, 10/21/14 headlight out, 1/6/16 MINIbulbs replaced, 5/5/16 headlight out, 5/101/6 MINIbulbs out. This was all the receipts I could find, could have been more. This very annoying due to the difficulty in reaching the area to replace the bulbs. Please have Subaru to find the cause and fix this before there is a major accident or injury to someone. Thanks!!

- Haysi, VA, USA

May 012010

Legacy 4-cyl

I have had to replace my low beam headlight bulbs fours times (on each side) in three years. I've had the dealer do it twice, and I've done it twice. The dealer made me pay because bulbs are not covered under warranty. Changing the low beam bulbs on this vehicle requires removal of the tire, and the wheel well liner - it take at least an hour, and is extremely cumbersome. The dealer charged me $150 for each incident. I cannot afford to keep changing these bulbs. Something has to be wrong with the headlight unit.

- Sykesville, MD, USA

Dec 102009

Legacy

The running lights on my Subaru Legacy do not illuminate high and far enough in front of the car. The service mgr said he would put hi-intensity bulbs in. He was overruled and they installed fog lights that did not improve range of lights. Factory people said the lites only adjust right/left.

- Cutchogue, Ny , NY, USA

Jan 202010

Legacy

I bought a 2010 Subaru Legacy and believe that the headlights used on this care do not meet the U.S. sae headlamp standards, but instead meat the european ece standards. My car has a distinct horizontal cut off line across the entire horizon which is the main characteristic of the ece standard. Subaru told me that they have had other complaints about their headlamps.

- Whittier, CA, USA