2011 Subaru Legacy fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Subaru Legacy:

2011 Subaru Legacy Owner Comments

Mar 252015

Legacy 4-cyl

For the past 2 months my Subaru Legacy has been stalling and losing power when I roll to a stop and/or when suddenly braking. Almost got rear ended by semi truck on the freeway and multiple times at stop lights in foggy situations. Subaru dealership said if it was an annoyance I should bring it in. Almost dying in a Subaru with my daughters is more than an annoyance. Dealership has known about it but performed a throttle body service, which was futile. Online forums suggest a faulty torque converter and a service#16-90-30. Quotes for replacing it are around $2000. Subaru knows it is due to faulty design of torque converter...this should be recalled. I used to love Subaru and this car, I am now forced to take a loss financially and buy a safer car. Completely unsafe.

- Chino Hills, CA, USA

Nov 282012

The gas cap seal is not working as it should. It only last two years with 40K miles. The vehicle trip on trouble code: P0456 evaporative emissions system - small leak detected. It happen 4 out of 5 times I fill up my gas tank. Each fill up, I verify that the gas cap is tight - click a couple times. The gas cap is cheap. I can replace it myself but does not like Subaru to become cover up like Toyota.

- Richfield, WI, USA