7.5

2015 Subaru Legacy accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Subaru Legacy:

2015 Subaru Legacy Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Oct 042016

Legacy

I was driving on the interstate at 65 mph when the car ahead of me must have kicked up a small pebble that hit the windshield. The pebble put a small chip in the passanger side windshield & within 1/2 an hour there was a crack about 6" long running towards the center of the windshield. When I went around a clover leaf exit to get off the interstate the windshield cracked another 6" towards the center of the windshield. The pebble was very small & should have made no more than a small chip in the windshield. I hope the crack will not continue to grow; the windshield must have some kind of manufacturing flaw in it. I hope it is still safe to drive the vehicle as I do not have the $500+ to replace the windshield at this time.?

- Independence, MO, USA

Apr 212016

Legacy

I purchased the vehicle new in February 2015 and my windshield has required replacement three times. The slightest impact (e.g.: a small piece of gravel common on roadways) to the windshield results in huge cracks impeding my vision. The windshield does not simply chip; it always instantly cracks and requires replacement. I have replaced more windshields on this vehicle than all other vehicles I have ever owned combined. Because I have the Subaru eyesight system, I am required to replace with factory glass which is usually on back-order; this glass is clearly defective.

- Stanwood, WA, USA

Feb 282016

Legacy

Went outside to wash the car and before I even got started I noticed a crack in the windshield. I looks like it started in the very center at the bottom and traveled up and then to the passenger's side. The crack is about 12 inches long. No impact, vehicle wasn't even moving. There was no crack the day before.

- Markleysburg, PA, USA

Feb 112016

Legacy

While traveling on the open interstate, the windshield started to crack. The crack started in the lower driver side corner, under the wiper blade. In less than 30 min, the crack extended up and over, in-front of the driver's view and extended to the center. From the outside, you can feel the crack. If you push on the windshield, you can tell that the windshield is weak, poor quality, and a obvious safety issue.

- Odenville, AL, USA

Feb 142016

Legacy

We have owned the car for 14 month's and have had to replace the windshield 6 times due to cracking. Other cars in the same household have never had to have their windshields replaced. There is obviously some kind of defect associated with this vehicle. Contacted Subaru dealer with no help.

- Mesa, AZ, USA

Jul 282015

Legacy

1.5 months after purchasing car, noticed vertical ~1 inch crack (while driving, but only because I was driving into the sun) in windshield above steering wheel. There was no audible cracking noise windshield was on backorder, and got replaced. Noticed new crack in same area, on inside of windshield. (was driving into sun, but no audible noise) 12/11/2015 mileage 6323 replaced windshield 1/18/2015. Mileage 6508 parked vehicle under light, and notice approximately 3 inch scratch (vertical, in same area as the last 2. windshield was less than 12 hours old

- Peoria, IL, USA

Mar 242015

Legacy

Bought my vehicle and was driving it home, had the defrost on cause the window kept fogging up when I heard a crack and the windshield cracked from the bottom up where the defroster is and they wont replace it, on top of the where U put gas in the car it stuck shut and they told me to pry it open N leave it open till they get a part but it is on back order so don't no when I will get it fixed that occurred this month on the gas opener 12/30/2015

- Scottsbuef, IN, USA

Dec 082015

Legacy 4-cyl

I have a 2015 Subaru Legacy with 6000 miles on it. On Dec 8th, 2015, I took it to the dealer for routine service, I.e. oil change filter, tire rotation, system checks and fluid levels, etc. I waited for the car. I was told to come back and look at the windshield in the service bay. I was told that there was a crack (horseshoe shaped) around the center top of the windshield. The crack was not there when I brought it in because I had the car washed and I wiped off the windows myself prior to going up to the dealers. I would have noticed the crack. There is no ding or star shape mark that I can see on the window. It looks to me like the crack started on the inside around the rear view mirror area. I have read quite a few reports of unexplained cracks in Legacy and outbacks. 2015 models. It appears to be a windshield defect. I'm waiting for them to get back to me about replacing the windshield. They better not give me a hard time because I am their worst nightmare. The dealership that I went to is a reputable dealer, I just hope they do the right thing.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Mar 112015

Legacy

Three months into owning my new Subaru Legacy, a small pebble hit my windshield while I was driving at a low speed, resulting in a visible chip. It did not turn into a crack, so I didn't get it filled. However, the windshield has incurred multiple other chips from very small pieces of rock/gravel. I've never seen such a weak windshield, and it's seriously concerning. I have experienced other small issues with the car as well, including a strange pitch in the vehicle horn and a rattling noise coming from the driver's side window. All problems were reported to the dealer, but none were addressed.

- Ocean, NJ, USA

Oct 222015

Legacy

Herd a small noise while driving at 50 miles/hr. Not seen any crack on the windshield. But after few hours, saw a chip mark and within one day the crack developed to 2foot length. The manufacturer sent me a letter saying that there was a manufacturing defects on the deicer area and cracks on this area is covered. My crack is little above this area and they say it is not covered. I do not understand this. Please advice me. Thanks koshy

- Edison, NJ, USA

Oct 212014

Legacy

I packed the car in the garage perfectly ok then in the morning it had a cracked windshield about 6 in. I had the car for 6 weeks and odometer was at 2100 mil. It cracked in the driver side up and now is almost in the other side in weird pather up and down and up and down. I went to dealership and they told me that was a very small chip therefore is not covered by bumper to bumper -). later I went to fast glass - they are not thrilled to change it - reason been they did a lot of new Subaru with original glass and then 1 -2 weeks later same people are back with a cracked windshield...they are willing to suport my claim.

- Reno, NV, USA

Sep 192015

Legacy

Windshield suddenly developed a crack a few inches from the bottom toward the center closer to the passenger side. Vehicle was 3 months old at the time. There was no known stone hit and no obvious starting point for the crack. Crack spread over the next day across the entire windshield. Windshield had to be replaced at a cost of $500.

- Lone Tree, CO, USA

Mar 022015

Legacy

Windshield developed small crack. Grew over time. Subaru had new parts under national backorder. Numerous reports of cracks developing for no apparent reasons. See:legacygt.com/forums/

- North Potomac, MD, USA

Jul 132015

Legacy

On July 13, 2015, in the morning I saw a crack that hadn't been on my windshield there the day before had started low in the passenger side, near the corner of my 9- month old 2015 Legacy. Over the next several days it grew inches a day, straight up and another crack towards the driving side. No obvious cause - no rock hit nor "star" to start it. The dealer in said windshields are on back order, and want $839 for the replacement and installation. I still haven't had it replaced, waiting to see if Subaru is going to take some responsibility, since the internet is filling up with similar accounts.

- Albuquerque, NM, USA

Jul 252015

Legacy

In the course of driving around our area, my wife & I parked our new 2015 Subaru Legacy for an hour to do some shopping. When we got back to the car, we couldn't help but notice a crack on the passenger side front windshield, where there hadn't been one before. We drove immediately to our local Subaru dealer, where they noticed a very small ding just below the right windshield wiper, with the aforementioned crack coming from the ding. From my personal experience of close to 50 years of driving, this is the first ever non-crash windshield problem I've had that's had a progressive crack, and this is a brand new car! I'm reading that I'm not the only one with this problem!

- West Bloomfield, MI, USA

Jul 172015

Legacy

Our windshield developed a crack that grew over two days and now extends half the width of the windshield. We discovered this crack when getting into the car after it was parked. There is no obvious reason for this crack. We have no memory of hitting or being hit by any object. I understand that such spontaneous cracks have appeared on other Subaru outbacks and legacies.

- Kensington, CA, USA

Jun 282015

Legacy

Out of nowhere the windshield started to crack - started on the edge of the windshield on the passengerside about 8-10 inches from the bottom - at this point it has spread past the middle of the windshield leaving a horizontal crach that pretty much split my windshield in have - the winshield is currently on backorder with no eta as to when it will be available

- White Plains, NY, USA

Jun 212015

Legacy

Within a month of buying a brand new Subaru Legacy 2015, my windshield spontaneous cracked while driving on an open-air interstate away from other cars. At first I thought maybe a pebble hit the windshield, but upon later inspection I could not find a distinct starting point for the crack in the windshield crack (no dents or places where something might have hit my car). The crack initiated from the very bottom of the middle of the windshield and extended about 6-8 inches from the bottom of the windshield.

- Houston, TX, USA

Jun 072015

Legacy

The windshield cracked from the lower passenger side. Three large cracks one of which is now almost all the way over in front of the driver. There was a chip where the crack started. The big problem is that the windshields are on back order with no idea how long it will be to get a replacement. I have had cars with rock chips before and usually get them filled, but this windshield cracked almost immediately while on a road trip. I think it is obvious that Subaru has a problem with poor quality windshields if they cannot make them fast enough to replace all the damaged ones. The car does have the eyesight system and there is no aftermarket windshield available.

- Layton, UT, USA

Jun 092015

Legacy

When getting into the car in the afternoon, noticed a huge crack on the windshield starting between the wiper blades and going to the top of the windshield. There was no impact to have caused this. The car was parked in the open on a day where temperatures were mild. Looks like there are quite a few complaints in the Subaru forums complaining about the Subaru Legacy and outback which share the same platform. The issues discussed matches my specific case. Subaru should be encouraged to perform a recall.

- Ann Arbor, MI, USA