2015 Subaru Legacy brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Subaru Legacy:

2015 Subaru Legacy Owner Comments

May 202015

Legacy

May 8th 2015 we purchased our 2015 Subaru Legacy 2.5I premium. #1. very prominent coolant smell from passenger side engine area. Loosing coolant. #2. 600 miles- transmission/ ECU /throttle delay, a 3-5 sec delay in the response when going from (R) into (D) and the same 3-5 sec delay is duplicated when going from a stop to accelerating the car. Concerning. #3 3000 miles, loud wind noise is heard from all windows. Windows were replaced by dealer, but noise still exists. #4 the gas door will not release and continues to get stuck. #5 8,500 miles- excessive water entering into engine bay. While driving the engine bay gets completely soaked with water. Standing water in the battery tray, a river of water running down the inner fender walls inside the engine bay and water is entering into the fuse box. When engine gets wet it has a burning electrical smell. Water has also been found on the drivers side floorboard an in the spare tire area of trunk. #6 2,200 miles starting/motor concerns. The car will crank over, but doesn't start. The second attempt the car starts up and dies immediately. 3rd attempt car fires off an associated with bad gas smell/ rough running. The most recent time this happened to us (12/12/15), 1st attempt the car wouldn't start, 2nd time trying to start the car is fired up then died. 3rd attempt car started up running rough w/ a bad gas odor. It's associated w/ backfiring / popping sound through the exhaust. Recently has developed a low end sound/knock in motor between 1800 and 2200 rpms. #7 11,500 miles brake pedal goes to floor. Pedal isn't holding pressure. Vehicle pulls to the right an associated with a clunking sound coming from the right front wheel.

- Tacoma, WA, USA

Sep 032015

Legacy

I was driving in the highway when my car has and issue with the brakes, I saw the brake button was (that's not normal) on and my car was starting to slow down quickly by that time I had a truck behind me that almost hit me from the back do to the brake problem with my car. I leave my car at the dealer (betera Subaru hartford ct) since September 3, 2015 they just called me once saying that they know what is the problem and they are going to fix it, but at this time I don't know anything else about it. This is not the first time I have the same problems with my car with the brakes.

- Wethersfield, CT, USA

Aug 112015

Legacy

Electronic parking brakes will not release. Eye sight system error light on -- says to see dealer. Vehicle is in low clearance parking garage - flatbed tow truck cannot enter. Brakes are stuck on. Front of vehicle facing garage wall, which is partially open (looking through to another level). Vehicle is on a slight downward incline facing wall. Seems like all 4 brakes are locked even in neutral. Car starts fine and runs, can enter R N & D, but will not move. New vehicle -- tow truck operator does not know how to release brakes for this model year, since it is different from previous year. Vehicle received eye sight recall notification recently, but vehicle has not been serviced yet. Suspect eye sight is to blame, as it has been behaving in erratic fashion over the last few months. (turns off in extremely light rain, when it should not, stays off for a while, then turns on in heavy rain)

- Nashua, NH, USA

Dec 212014

Legacy

Driving on freeway with cruise set at 72mph, reached down to the center council to grab an item, and pulled up on the electronic parking brake button. The button is located too close to reachable places. The car came to a scratching halt, lucky the vehicles behind me were able to swerve out of the way in time.

- Thiensville, WI, USA