- October 21: Subaru Recalls Legacy and Outback Over Knee Guards recalls | 6 days ago
- September 29: Subaru Recalls 593,000 Vehicles to Fix Melting Windshield Wiper Motors recalls | 28 days ago
- September 10: Subaru Recalls Outbacks With Lots of Loose Bolts recalls | 47 days ago
- September 7: Parties Agree to Settle Subaru B9 Tribeca Hood Lawsuit news | 50 days ago
1997 Subaru Outback
accessories - exterior Problems
Worst 1997 Outback accessories - exterior Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- rattling noise coming from below the car3
- rear wiper motor failed1
- tailgate piston arm pops off1
- trim around rear side windows fell off1
- NHTSA: Latches/Locks/Linkages: Hood: Latch2
- NHTSA: Latches/Locks/Linkages1
- NHTSA: Latches/Locks/Linkages: Doors: Latch1
- NHTSA: Latches/Locks/Linkages: Tailgate: Latch1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Subaru Outback Model Years
Curious how the 1997 Outback compares to other years?
Check out our Subaru Outback overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Outback.