1. replace rear sub-frame (1 reports)
2001 Subaru Outback suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Subaru Outback:

2001 Subaru Outback Owner Comments

Mar 152013

Outback Limited V6

When I took my car to get it inspected the mechanic said this car should not be on the road.. The rear sub-frame is completely rusted through.. I contact the Subaru Dealer in Stroudsburg that I had purchased the car from 2 plus years ago for 5,000.00 and they stated that there was a recall on the car in 2003 and the fix was to clean and paint the sub-frame... When I told them that it didn't work.. They offered to do the repairs at full cost. When I spoke with Subaru of America they said they would be glad to give me 500.00 off of a new car... I had no help from Subaru for a problem that they knew was an issue 10 years ago... I just wonder how many other Subaru's are on the road today and owners do not know there is a rear sub-frame rusted problem... So a word to the wise.. If you see a Subaru from the year of 2003 heading your way,, Make a turn do what you have to.... Get out of the way the rear end could fall part at anytime.. If you are looking to purchase this make and model, just know that the part is 419.00 and the labor is more that 1000.00... Tack it on to the sales price...

- , Stroudsburg, PA, USA