5.0

2003 Subaru Outback accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Subaru Outback:

2003 Subaru Outback Owner Comments

Jun 132008

Outback Impreza Sport 2.5L

On a road trip to South Carolina from Nebraska (26 HOURS), my sister and I decided to listen to the Chronicles of Narnia on CD... which would have been great fun if not for the fact that the CD player would quit at the most exciting point in the story, or start skipping, and then read out "Error 6" or "Error 3", etc... on the display. I have no idea what these "error numbers" mean, I just know that the CD was piping hot upon ejection. I should just get an after market CD player for the car, but I haven't been able to find one that I like; as they all seem to have obnoxious flashing blue lights on the display, 429 buttons, and a big sign that says "STEAL ME" emblazoned across the front of them.

- , Omaha, NE, USA

Feb 112007

Outback Limited 2.5L

After driving for hours and listening to CDs in the CD changer, when I eject the CDs, they are hot to the touch with a smell of melting plastic.

The dealer checked out the CD changer and said there was nothing wrong. The CDs don't seem to be affected. Our other cars that had CD players never had this problem.

- , Lynn, MA, USA