1.8

2003 Subaru Outback body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Subaru Outback:

2003 Subaru Outback Owner Comments

Nov 282013

Outback 4-cyl

While driving home, the car just "shut down" on the highway, and we had to glide off to the side. Had to have it towed. Our mechanic had to replace the entire engine. He did not know why it failed. Now, after researching this site, I see that there was a recall due to faulty water pump in 2003. I am wondering if this costly incident was a result of this not being repaired" how can I find this out please" I purchased the vehicle certified used from a local dealership. I would also like to mention the unusually large amount of rusting underneath the car, as well as in the wheel areas. Thank you.

- Athens, NY, USA