2007 Subaru Outback seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Subaru Outback:

2007 Subaru Outback Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Jun 132016

Outback

Takata recall. I bought the car used from empire Nissan in lakewood, Colorado in June 2016. I found out later it had an open airbag recall. Empire refused to fix it. I've been waiting since June 2016 to have auto nation Subaru West, a Subaru dealership in golden, Colorado to order parts and get the car in to have the airbag repaired. When I called them, they put me on some informal list and said they would get back to me when the parts came in. I've been without a car that can hold 4 passengers since buying the Subaru. 4 months seems like too long to repair a recalled airbag. The Subaru repair rates for this recall are a dismal at 22%. Subaru, and the dealerships need to do more to support the safety of their customers.

- Lakewood, CO, USA

Feb 012016

Outback

Takata recall - notified in Feb 2016, it's now last day of Sep 2016, and all I have is the initial letter, no follow-up, no estimate of when this will get fixed. I can't use the front passenger seat of this vehicle, a great inconvenience. When is this going to get fixed"?"

- Chester, VT, USA

Feb 012016

Outback

Takata recall have followed up with manufacturer 3 times and all I have been told is the local dealer has ordered the part...

- Saratoga Springs, NY, USA

Feb 152016

Outback

Takata recall: I was notified in February that it needs to be looked at but there was a shortage of parts. I have not yet been notified to have car looked at.

- Nellysford, VA, USA

Jan 082016

Outback

The contact owns a 2007 Subaru Outback. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V323000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Broomfield, CO, USA

Aug 052016

Outback

I received a notice of safety recall for the airbag in my 2007 Subaru Outback dated February 2016. The notice said there was a parts shortage and Subaru would contact my when parts became available but nobody should ride in the front passenger seat until the airbag is replaced. Tired of waiting I called the Subaru dealer today and they said I need to order the part, which would take 4 months, before it can be fixed. This timeline is not reasonable given that I had already waited 6 months and assumed that surely the supply shortage would be remedied by now. It is also unreasonable to expect that nobody ride in the passenger seat of a car purchased for a family. It seems Subaru slow response is putting my family at risk. I will not purchase another Subaru if this is how Subaru treat recalls. I also expect our government safety commissions to do a better job holding car companies accountable.

- Westminster, CO, USA

Mar 142016

- Brandenburg, KY, USA

Feb 162016

Outback

The contact owns a 2007 Subaru Outback. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V323000 (air bags); however, the part needed to perform the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Big Bear City, CA, USA

Apr 282016

Outback

Takata recall -- when will parts be available to fix my car's faulty, recalled airbag" this is creating a great deal of stress, inconvenience, and hazard for my family. A reasonable amount of time has passed and takata has not rectified this situation. Millions of people are on the roads with deadly airbags. How will this not be perceived as a regulatory failure"

- Lincoln, NE, USA

Mar 252016

Outback

The contact owns a 2007 Subaru Outback. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V323000 (air bags); however, the part needed to perform the repair was unavailable. The contact was added to a waiting list of three hundred people. The dealer stated that five remedy parts were received every two weeks. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Westchester, PA, USA

Apr 142016

Outback

Takata recall. I received the recall notice from Subaru of America about 2 months ago. Notice said that parts were in short supply, but they would contact me. I waited two months. Heard nothing. Called fitzgerald Subaru, rockville, md. Dealer on April 14, 2016. Service dept. Says that there is a further approximately three month wait. What is the point of a recall if you can't fix the problem within 5 months" what are you doing to keep Subaru's feet to the fire? they are effectively failing to comply with your recall order. Maybe a $1 million fine per day would get them moving"

- Washington, DC, USA

May 272015

Outback

The contact owns a 2007 Subaru Outback. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V323000 (air bags). The part to do the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. The VIN was not available.

- Florence, MT, USA

Mar 152016

Outback 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Subaru Outback. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V323000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Updated 04/12/16.

- New York, NY, USA

Mar 142007

Outback

The contact owns a 2007 Subaru Outback. The contact stated that the air bag warning light remained illuminated intermittently. The vehicle was taken to a dealer but the failure was unable to be determined due to the air bag warning light no longer being illuminated. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 121,000.

- West Richland, WA, USA

Feb 072016

Outback

Takata recall.the contact owns a 2007 Subaru Outback. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V323000 (air bags); however, the part to do the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Plains, MT, USA

Feb 222016

- Bend, OR, USA

Feb 222016

Outback

I have been on the list at my Subaru dealership for replacement for over a month but they have not yet received parts to make repairs. I feel they are doing what they can so I am not complaining about them. But now I get a letter from subaro not to have anyone ride in passenger seat until repairs are made. So now they are apparently covered legally but I can't use my car since I often need to Transport several children at one time. I am sick of hearing the parts are back ordered. This needs to be resolved now with no excuses!!!

- Wetmore, CO, USA

Sep 012015

Outback

The contact owns a 2007 Subaru Outback. The contact stated that the air bag light remained illuminated, which disabled the air bags. The vehicle was taken to a dealer. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The VIN was invalid. The failure mileage was 85,000.

- Victor, CO, USA

May 022015

Outback

Driver side airbag warning light remains lit after starting vehicle. This is a common issue for 2007 Outbacks due to faulty soldering of the overhead chip.

- Redlands, CA, USA

Apr 012015

Outback 4-cyl

Airbag sensor has been on and off for some time, but now bleeps almost continually. We took it to the local Subaru dealer (St. Johnsbury, vt) and for approx. $280 they tried to fix it. When this did not work, they said we need to came back and pay a further $500++ to fix this. I understand this is a serious safety issue as the airbag will not deploy. Vehicle has never been in an accident. I have read on-line that the problem is faulty soldering of the overhead chip for the airbags. $780++ seems like a big expense for a safety item that should have a longer life span.

- Lyndon, VT, USA