2008 Subaru Outback accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Subaru Outback:

2008 Subaru Outback Owner Comments

Dec 152015

Outback

In December, 2015 I was involved in a collision in which a driver didn't see that traffic had come to a complete stop on the highway and hit me from behind at a high speed (approximately 60 mph). I was in the front driver seat. The collision forced me against the seat back, which caused the entire back of my seat to break at the hinge area where the seat back and seat bottom meet. Because the seat didn't withstand the impact, it broke completely off and it was laying completely flat into the back seat. Subsequently, I was completely unsupported and my seat belt no longer worked. Fortunately, I wasn't hit a 2nd time even though I was thrown across two lanes of traffic because with no longer having a seat back or a working seat belt, I was without any protection. I do not have photos of the seat back, but the police and emergency vehicles responded and a report was filed.

- Washougal, WA, USA