1.9

2008 Subaru Outback miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Subaru Outback:

2008 Subaru Outback Owner Comments

Dec 222016

Outback

On Thursday, Dec. 22, about 11:25 a.M., I came to a intersection of meadowlark lane and rt. 528 in rio rancho, nm. And got in the right turn lane. I depressed the brake pedal part-way, felt and heard the grinding under my foot. I lifted off my foot and depressed it fully (no noise or grinding) and came to a complete stop. I turned into the right lane of the 3-lane street. I wanted to get to the far left lane. I signaled and turned left. The car passed through the center lane. As the car entered the left lane, it suddenly veered right into the middle lane and continued foward in a "S" pattern for a few feet! the road was damp, by no means slick (not shiny and no puddles or visible water or ice on the road). I believe the temp was above freezing. I was able to turn the car back to the far left lane. The next day, I took it to my mechanics for an appt. I had made for to have the cv boots? replaced and they said they checked out the steering, brakes, etc. And tried to reproduce the same thing. They said they was nothing mechanically wrong. Possibly the anti-skid action was set off. This was very unnerving. I am not comfortable driving this vehicle.

- Albuquerque, NM, USA

Nov 262016

Outback

Wire harness going to rear hatch had multiple wires severed by repeated opening/closing of rear hatch. Lock and tail light wires were broken though. 4 other wires had their insulation cut and the conductor was exposed. In searching the net this appears to be a very common problem. Why hasn't a recall been issued? failure of brake lights or tail lights are a safety issue.

- Marlborough, CT, USA

Jan 112015

Outback 4-cyl

Melted dashboard on 2008 Subaru Outback 2.5I. Causing glare in windshield reducing visibility.

- San Antonio, TX, USA