2011 Subaru Outback brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Subaru Outback:

2011 Subaru Outback Owner Comments

Dec 052014

Outback 4-cyl

2011 Subaru Outback. Consumer received vehicle repairs and would like reimbursement. The consumer stated the left rear wheel brake had a locked caliper, damaged rotor and a missing brake pad. The consumer stated the brake warning light never illuminated on the dashboard.

- Kodiak, AK, USA

Apr 232012

Outback 4-cyl

I pulled into my driveway (relatively level) and parked my car. As I exited the vehicle I notice that my car was rolling forward (I have a manual transmission) and attempted to set the electric parking brake by pushing repeatedly on the button to the left of the steering wheel. The parking brake did not set and my car gained speed and continued downhill into the woods behind my home. I am not sure if I was dragged or partially in the car, but was able to clear the vehicle before it hit a fence, a tree and eventually come to a stop. This has happened in my garage once and at a gas station, but I was able to gain control of the vehicle by hitting the parking brake button. I do not know if I am not setting the brake before exiting or am not depressing it fully before exiting or why it did not stop when I hit it repeatedly. I typically set the car in gear, but obviously did not do this on these occasions.

- Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Dec 222011

Outback 4-cyl

Alot of brake pedal travel low brake took alot of distance to slow down wasn't able to stop the car at 35 mph hit other car. Had car look at many times still thomas Subaru didn't think anything was wrong with car from day one I told them my brakes weren't right it takes alot of distance ( pedal ) which increase amount of time needed to slow and stop the car.. I feel the brake master cylinder is not working right still thomas Subaru will not fix the car until an recall. I also think recall no. 11V562000 which is only for 2012 cars might also needs added for 2011 cars. I now have 31,000 and still have bad brakes. I need help Subaru will not help.

- Altoona, PA, USA

Nov 192011

Outback

The contact owns a 2011 Subaru Outback. The contact stated that the brakes failed at a very low speed in a parking space. When the brakes failed, the vehicle continued forward about 20 feet, pushing down a metal fence before stopping. The contact felt that the master cylinder was the cause of the failure. The vehicle was inspected by an authorized dealer and the dealer stated that there was nothing wrong. The contact felt that the failure was related to the recall associated with NHTSA campaign id number 11V562000( service brakes, hydraulic: Pedals and linkages). The failure and current mileages were 6,815. Updated 02/28/12 updated 05/03/12

- Chicago, IL, USA

May 182011

Outback

I have told the Subaru dealer(s) that the front passenger airbag sensor light says "off" unless the passenger weighs over 150 lbs or so. The dealer(s) deny knowing anything about it. However, it is on a Subaru blog and there are many complaints about it. The dealer is unable to tell me if the airbag is working or not. My brake pedal makes a clicking noise when I release the brake pedal. The Subaru dealer told me he knew this happened to all of the 2010 models but didn't realize it was happening to the 2011 models and he said there is nothing he can do about it until Subaru comes out with a recall. So far I haven't heard back from Subaru, it's been 5 months.

- Durham, ME, USA