5.7

2011 Subaru Outback exhaust system problems

exhaust system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Subaru Outback:

2011 Subaru Outback Owner Comments

Jun 012012

Outback 4-cyl

My car just turned 17000 miles. I bought it new in 2011. It is garaged whenever not in use and have photos of it in the garage. The muffler and exhaust system are rusting very badly. I wash the car regularly when dirty. This should not be happening - there must be a defect in the type of materials used. I first noticed this back in June and it is getting worse. This should be replaced by Subaru - I shouldn't need a new muffler/exhaust system on a new car in less than 20,000 miles! I have taken photos of the problem that I can provide if requested.

- Deering, NH, USA