2011 Subaru Outback seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Subaru Outback:

2011 Subaru Outback Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Aug 012016

Outback

Takata recall have had two verbal discussions about replacement parts and one email inquiry, but no reply or response from my local dealership South blvd Subaru charlotte nc after conversation with a salesman I suspect "unsold" vehicles on their lot are receiving replacement parts before customer vehicles.

- Rock Hill, SC, USA

Dec 142016

Outback

The vehicle will stall out when the brakes are pressed abruptly and the speed suddenly decreases. This is extremely unsafe. Especially for my pregnant wife to be driving. We bought a Subaru because we thought they were built right and safe. We were wrong.

- Victoria, TX, USA

Jun 062016

Outback

Takata air bag recall we were notified of a recall for our car about 6 months ago. The dealership informed us of the lack of available parts. We were instructed not to use the passenger seat, essentially rendering our vehicle unusable for 4 to 5 passengers for the past 6 months, nor could the vehicle be sold if we had desired. Takata company is unable to comply with the correction in a reasonable period of time. No temporary solution has been offered. Takata is responsible to supply the victims with costs for rentals. Buy back the vehicle or settle on a reasonable figure for the inconvenience. They are a for profit company and are at risk for the cost of doing business.

- Sarasota, FL, USA

Jul 112016

Outback

The contact owns a 2011 Subaru Outback. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 16V694000 (visibility) and 16V358000 (air bags). The parts needed for the repair were not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Sharpsburg, GA, USA

Dec 022016

Outback

Takata recall I am concerned about the airbag recall. Our Subaru Outback is our only vehicle, and it is our family vehicle. My pregnant wife is due with our second child and has been sitting in the back seat. However, that child could come any time. She is a high risk pregnancy with a history of premature birth. At 33 weeks, this is the farthest she's ever come along in a pregnancy. If this baby comes, then it means someone in our family will not be able to sit in our car if we all go out together. The airbag recall fix is urgent for us. We can't really wait much longer, unless Subaru wants to rent a larger vehicle for us until the repair can be made. Is there anything that can be done so we can have our Subaru back to it's original intent as a family vehicle asap?

- Rancho Cordova, CA, USA

Aug 032016

- Tuscaloosa, AL, USA

Nov 082016

Outback 4-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2011 Subaru Outback. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V358000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Updated 01/04/17 updated 01/17/17.

- Sarasota, FL, USA

Jun 012016

Outback

The contact owns a 2011 Subaru Outback. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V358000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Ocean Side, CA, USA

Jun 142016

Outback

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2011 Subaru Outback. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V358000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect. The VIN was unavailable.

- St Petersburg, FL, USA

Jun 012016

Outback

"airbag recall" this recall was in June and Subaru it not taking any appointments to fix the problem.

- Mt Pleasant, SC, USA

Oct 112016

Outback

Takata recall - have been waiting for over 3 months for the local dealer to acquire parts and fix the problem. As of this morning, they still have no idea when they will have the parts available to fix our vehicle.

- Santa Cruz, CA, USA

Jul 152016

Outback

The contact owns a 2011 Subaru Outback. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V358000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Scarsdale, NY, USA

Aug 152016

Outback

Takata recall: Informed that no one can sit in the passenger seat until parts are replaced and that there are no parts available. Our normal usage of the vehicle requires loading in the back and a driver and passenger in the front. Local Subaru dealers have been unable to find us a loaner vehicle for use until our vehicle is fixed. This is unacceptable.

- Oakland, CA, USA

Jun 182016

Outback

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2011 Subaru Outback. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V358000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Cloverdale, CA, USA

Aug 012016

Outback

The contact owns a 2011 Subaru Outback. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V358000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Tallmadge, OH, USA

Aug 292016

Outback

Said I could not have anyone ride in passenger seat till fixed. This is unacceptable and had been over a month with no word about when parts are ready. We have to use passenger seat. Subaru needs to provide a rental or other transportation. Asap.

- Boone, NC, USA

Aug 122016

Outback

Takata recall. Subaru and takata airbag problems. My Outback has a recall and I called Subaru corporate about a week ago. I talked to someone because my wife is pregnant and drives our 4 year old girl in the car. My wife doesn't feel safe driving the car (the details of the recall are outlined below). It may be up to 3 months until they get the part to fix it. I was told by Subaru corporate to go to the local Subaru dealership and they could get us a car from their fleet or a rental from enterprise. When I went to the dealership I was put on a waiting list. I called back to corporate - they called the dealership and then I was told that the dealership doesn't use enterprise and only has their own fleet. I asked if we could get a rental car and get reimbursed and they said no. No resolution yet.

- Boardman, OH, USA

May 032016

Outback

The passenger seat airbag indicator, with an adult sitting in the seat, randomly shows the airbag on/off. There is no consistency to whether the airbag will show as functioning, which makes the system non-functioning by any measure. This is a key safety feature that Subaru advertises and sells vehicles by and it simply does not function. Subaru has not acknowledged that there is an issue and their service department claims that they cannot find and error code indicating there is an issue. The implication being that I am making up the issue. This seems to be a similar issue to what was outlined in the 2012 Subaru impreza airbag sensor recall. Both cases involve the passenger airbag sensor failing with an adult sitting in the seat. If you never know if the airbag is going to work, it is a failure of the system. This isn't a problem that is going to be recognized or fixed without a mandatory recall or a lawsuit.

- Omaha, NE, USA

Sep 192015

Outback

The contact owns a 2011 Subaru Outback. While attempting to park, the contact forgot to shift the lever into the park position but was able to turn the vehicle off. As a result, the vehicle rolled away and crashed into a gate. The air bags failed to deploy. A police report was not filed and there were no injuries. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The dealer was notified of the issue and stated that the vehicle was designed to perform in that manner. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 78,547.

- Augusta, WV, USA

Sep 102014

Outback

The airbag warning lite on the passenger side came on and stayed on for several minutes. After several trips the lite came on again and has stayed on. The result is that the bag is not able to deploy if there is any type of accident that involves the front end. This is very concerning to my family, I try to avoid anyone from riding in the front passenger seat.

- Fair Oaks, CA, USA