2012 Subaru Outback accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Subaru Outback:

2012 Subaru Outback Owner Comments

Apr 022012

Outback 4-cyl

We owned the car only 2 days and was out for our first drive owning our first brand new car. Things seemed all good until we stopped at a bank and I put my left foot on the foot rest and pressed my back into the seat to release the tension in my pants so I could pull out my wallet when all the sudden catching me by total surprise the seat gave way. A shock went up and down my spine as I got out of the car in awe of what just happened an the condition I was in I had to sit in the passenger seat to see if it was just a fluke or is this a real problem and I just got the worst of it. With a little pressure leaning back in the seat for a few moments and snap all these seats can be broken. I was doing great and now everyday I have nerve problems and back issues I have never experienced in my life. I am height weight proportional and actually a little on the thin side. The dealership and Subaru of America swore this never happened before. Google and youtube "Subaru Outback lumbar support broke" I found problems going back to 2008!! I asked them to buy the car back but they "bent the clip a little extra" as a fix and insisted I take it home. It broke again while just driving 40mph down the road normally so I convinced them by talking to the owner to give me a trade up to the electric seat. Little to know the passenger seat is the same seat as in the basic model. I own the premium now and I will do a report on it as well as I have owned many foreign cars and not one seat has ever broke on me. Toyota seat holds up to anything I put it through and I have 300K miles on it!!! same with my Honda civic. Both bought used... please make them fix this problem! I beg you. I hope no one else ever has to deal with the pains I have had from this along with stress explaining the situation to the dealer and due to such a simple little clip and stupidity.

- Allyn, WA, USA