CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2014 Outback is showing an early trend of problems with hesitation when accelerating.

The vast majority of owners experiencing this problem have reported that Subaru has not been able to find the cause of the engine hesitation, or fix the problem.

Especially because this is a potential safety defect, we are flagging the 2014 Outback as a model year to watch out for.

2014 Subaru Outback seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Subaru Outback:

2014 Subaru Outback Owner Comments

Sep 062016

Outback

The seat sensor for the passenger side is not working causing the airbag to be deactivated. The seatbelt indicator signal beeps regardless of whether someone is sitting in the seat with the seatbelt on or no one is sitting in the seat. It is failing to sense any weight. I bought this car brand new on 9/9/13 and this should not be faulty.

- Columbus, OH, USA

Nov 182015

Outback

I was hit by a 1979 Dodge pickup that ran a red light on 6th street while I was driving 30 mph headed North on jackson street in topeka, Kansas. It impacted my Subaru on the passenger side in the area of the front fender and front door. Upon impact, none of my airbags deployed nor did my seat belt restrain me. I hit the steering wheel with my chest....updated 12/03/15

- Topeka, KS, USA

Dec 182014

Outback

The passenger airbag light went off when no one was in the seat. The dealer said all systems were fine and that this might be due to the seat and sensor being wet or damp. This is not true as it is a problem at least twice a week now. I will return again to the dealer but have no faith in them or the car. I also wonder if the airbag will work in a real accident. I would like to ditch the car as an hour and a half ride with a chime going off is crazy and of concern.

- North Haven, CT, USA

Feb 032014

Outback

With a passenger in the front seat and the seat belt fastened, the seat belt warning chime and light activated and the passenger air bag was deactivated. In a later incident, the passenger moved to the back seat and the seat belt warning chime and light continued to be activated with no one in the passenger seat (buckling or unbuckling the seat belt made no difference.

- Hill City, SD, USA