2015 Subaru Outback steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Subaru Outback:

2015 Subaru Outback Owner Comments

Mar 232016

Outback

In motion.on country road. There is a gap in the steering wheel column where I got my finger caught while turning right. Very sharp pain while returning the wheel to straight. Had to more the wheel right again to remove my finger. Could have caused serious problem. I was now on a straight section of road and ended up on right shoulder as I turned the wheel to extricate my finger. I suppose one could lose part of finger or cause an accident.

- Cortlandt Manor, NY, USA

Apr 022015

Outback

The backing on the steering wheel core is missing and when turning it is very easy to place part of a finger into the recess that would result in either losing part of the finger or having a fatal accident when straightening out the steering wheel.

- Fletcher, NC, USA

Jan 232015

Outback

The car does not drive strait, wandering left and right at all the time from the day one.checked alignment at the dealer - no problems. So I am very concern about my safety and can't even think how it's gonna be on the snow ( I live in the northwest )

- Bellingham, WA, USA

Jun 012015

Outback

New 2015 Subaru Outback steering wandering left and right preventing the car from being steered straight. Without constant driver attention vehicle wanders across lanes or off road.

- Knoxville, TN, USA