9.5

2016 Subaru Outback steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Subaru Outback:

2016 Subaru Outback Owner Comments

Jun 222016

Outback

The contact owns a 2016 Subaru Outback. While driving 60 mph with the cruise control activated, the vehicle veered to the left without warning. The failure recurred on numerous occasions. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 1,400.

- Walton Hills, OH, USA

May 092016

Outback

The contact owns a 2016 Subaru Outback. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V292000 (steering). The contact left three messages with the dealer concerning part availability, but did not receive a response. The contact's vehicle remained parked for weeks. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- San Rafael, CA, USA

May 122016

Steering recall- no parts

- Thetford, VT, USA

Mar 122016

Outback

I was trying to leave a parking space in a wet Saturday night at a neighborhood shopping mall. After I backed up the car, I switched the gear to D trying to leave the space. However, the car simply doesn't move. To regain control, I turned off the engine and restarted the car.

- Fremont, CA, USA

Nov 142015

Outback

I tried to make a left turn at a traffic night leaving a school parking lot on a Saturday morning. The car was at a full stop before making a left turn. The speed was about 10-15 miles/hr, just very slow. My Subaru didn't response to my steering. Instead of making a 90 degree turn, I was stuck at 30, 45 degrees angle. To avoid hitting something, I turned off the engine. After I restarted the engine, I then can regain my control.

- Fremont, CA, USA

Apr 062016

Outback

Steering wondering from side to side, can'nt hold in center of lane. On highway or street

- Erie, PA, USA

Dec 102015

Outback

Driving in the center of my lane on a wet highway. Cruise control on at 65 mph. Lane sway on. The car acted as if the lane sway activated and gave a strong steering wheel bump like it does if you are close to the side road stripe. I was dead center in my lane, and there was no reason for it to bump the steering. It did this to me three times within a ten mile drive. After the third time I turned the lane sway off and was soon driving in town and it did not do it again. My wife says sometimes while coming to a stop at a light, the car will pull very hard and abruptly to the left. The car has 3400 miles on it, so there should be nothing wrong with brake pads or rotors.

- Rice, MN, USA