2008 Subaru Tribeca wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Subaru Tribeca:

2008 Subaru Tribeca Owner Comments

Jun 152012

Tribeca 6-cyl

It was around 8:00pm. I was driving in light traffic around 25 mph heading West on alondra bl crossing downey ave in the city of paramount, when all of a sudden I heard screeching and the rear of the car started swaying side to side. I stepped on the breaks and the rear end of the car started turning to the left going in to the left lane. Cars on the left lane had to slam on the breaks to avoid colliding with me. I was able to slowly pull over to the side of the road. I called a mechanic, after inspecting the car he informed me that the suspension control arm on the rear driver side broke. He also said it could have been a lot worst if I was going faster, I can only imagine what the consequences could have been if I was driving on the freeway. I googled recall 20250xa060 (part number). I don't speak portuguese but it looks to me like that part has been recalled in brazil.

- Lake Elsinore, CA, USA