2015 Subaru WRX electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Subaru WRX:

2015 Subaru WRX Owner Comments

Dec 262015

Driving car with passenger in cold weather (~0 degrees F) on city streets. After 10min of driving, passenger air bag light switched off, notifying me that passenger air bag was turned off while passenger was seated. Additionally, near the speedometer, the SRS airbag error notification turned on, signaling an issue with the SRS system. Incident has not been replicated.

- Denver, CO, USA

Apr 082015

WRX 4-cyl

Driving on the freeway at night, a light came on my dash that displayed, "headlights disabled." The headlights were still functioning, so I ignored the message. Few hours later, the light flickered on and off repeatedly for ~15 seconds and then went away. The next day, driving at night on the freeway, the light came back on and both headlights turned off. I cautiously pulled over, and set my emergency lights on. I flicked the headlight switch on and off repeatedly and they came back on. Drove for another 10 mins and the driver side headlight turned off, and the passenger headlight stayed on. I made it home safely, but the light never came back on. The next day, the message is still displayed, but both headlights are functioning. I feel it very unsafe for me to drive my vehicle at night, which is a huge inconvenience, as the headlights may turn off again.

- San Jose, CA, USA