7.7

2015 Subaru WRX fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Subaru WRX:

2015 Subaru WRX Owner Comments

Jul 012015

WRX

2015 WRX 2.0L manual transmission while driving the car in everyday situations I have had (3) distinct problems associated with the engine/throttle/idle. 1) ghost blip: When coming to a stop, around 5-15 mph, put it in neutral coast to a stop idle will inexplicably spike from ~700rpm (idle) --> ~1.2-1.5K RPM (for a second or two...like a ghost blipped the throttle). No pressure applied to accelerator. 2) rough idle: While sitting at a stop, in neutral, ~700rpm (idle) --> will dip to ~650-600rpm for a fraction of second & reoccur every 2-4 seconds. Feels like someone lightly shaking your seat from left to right. 3) near stall: While sitting at a stop, in neutral, ~700rpm (idle) --> will dip the rpms low enough that the whole car noticeably shakes...similar to the shake you would experience if the engine were actually about to stall. The rpms will fumble around a bit and then hiccup back to normal idle after 4-5 seconds. All three items have been brought to the attention of the local Subaru dealer on (2) occasions w/ the reply unable to diagnose problem and/or it is normal.

- Laguna Beach, CA, USA

Nov 192014

WRX

I do not drive my vehicle very often as I drive my work truck six days a week. I got into my vehicle before getting on the freeway and realized I needed gas before I left. I got to the gas station with my gas light on and parked. After paying for gas I realized my gas cap access door was not open, as I thought I opened it. I tried multiple times opening the door with the release lever on the floor by the drivers seat. After twenty minutes of confusion I called the dealership and they told me to bring it over right away ( good thing they are down the street from me). After waiting for about an hour and talking to the tech and service writer I was able to obtain information on the cause of this (some what). There is a part on the release mechanism that is weak and fails causing you to not be able to access your gas cap. This could be catastrophic if you are on a road trip or away from any dealership. The service writer also had said this is fairly common with the new 2015 WRX and they are getting about two vehicles coming back with the same problem per week. Subaru needs to take responsibility for their faulty design and recall all vehicles affected. This should be investigated immediately.

- Torrance, CA, USA

Sep 112014

WRX 4-cyl

Automatic transmission was in manual mode. Left stop sign and used the upshift paddle shifter to change gears. Car would not upshift. Has occurred 4 times in this 6200 miles since purchased.

- Oakley, CA, USA