Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: This new kid on the block has already earned the IIHS Top Safety Pick award for good ratings in 4 crash tests - moderate overlap frontal, side, rear and rollover.

2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek:

2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek Owner Comments

Feb 132016

XV Crosstrek

I park outside (no garage or carport) and temps have been very cold. Today, I left home and about 15 minutes later the sunroof exploded. This was the same time the car interior had fully warmed. I was driving about 60 mph on a busy interstate connector. Had I been an inexperienced driver, this could have been even more dangerous. Fortunately I had the interior sunroof cover closed. The remaining glass curves up, not down (as one might expect from an impact). There was no impact with anything--just driving along and then the explosion.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Sep 112015

XV Crosstrek

Two times my vehicle has had a problem releasing my ignition key. I end up having to wiggle the key, put back in drive, park, drive, park, and it finally releases the key. This should be a recall on the vehicle as I see this happening again.

- Lackawanna, NY, USA

Sep 062015

XV Crosstrek

The moonroof/sunroof has exploded. This was confirmed by the outward break pattern.

- Henrico, VA, USA

Jun 202015

XV Crosstrek

Two concerns. Purchased vehicle new March 2013. 5000 miles later check oil light illuminated. Had to add 1 qt. Oil. Went to dealer to inquire. Said they had to monitor. Continually happened at 5000. First said I had a faulty oil sensor (recall). Thought that was odd since it only happened when the oil was low. Then after monitoring dealer said oil consumption was normal. Second problem. At 71000 miles heard ticking noise in front left. Dealer said needed to replace left axle. Possible cause rough road conditions. At 75000 miles heard same noise on right side. Dealer mechanic said due to high mileage it was normal for the axle to lose grease and fail. Found it hard to believe that it was normal for both axles to fail at 71000-75000 miles. I wouldn't consider that high mileage nor would I consider it normal for axles to fail. Spoke with their customer relations 1-800-subaru3 case #1-10733639056. I paid $628 to replace first axle. They agreed to pay for second axle. They said they were only replacing it because I was a good customer and a gesture of good will. Not because the axles were faulty. I wouldn't consider myself a good customer since this is the only Subaru I have ever purchased and it has been nothing but a problem.

- Saint James, NY, USA