2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek:

2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek Owner Comments

May 052015

XV Crosstrek 4-cyl

I backed out of the garage and was in reverse with my foot on the brake pedal on the driveway waiting for the garage door to close. For some reason I changed the transmission from reverse to drive and started going forward. I hit the brakes and the car eventually stopped, but not before hitting the the garage door. I then put the selector rod in reverse. The car proceeded to roll down the driveway decline into the street. I tried to brake, but the brake pedal was depressed and the brakes would not engage. The car stopped only because I put the selector into drive. I was stuck in the middle of the street with the brake pedal depressed by itself and the gear selector in drive. I could not change the gear until I reached down and pulled the brake pedal up from its depressed position.

- Mountville, PA, USA