4.5

2015 Subaru XV Crosstrek miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Subaru XV Crosstrek:

2015 Subaru XV Crosstrek Owner Comments

Sep 052016

XV Crosstrek

On Monday 09/05/2016 in gettysburg, pa on a flat surface the ABS warning light, hill assistance warning light, and vehicle dynamics control indicator light flashed on my screen. I pulled over and turned off the vehicle to read the manual regarding the warnings as indicated on the message I received. When I restarted the vehicle all the warning indicator lights disappeared. On 09/07/2016 the same warning lights and messages appeared. I took the vehicle to where we purchased it used and they advised they will contact me. I also stopped at the local Subaru dealer and informed them of my concerns. They advised it could be the brake light switch but unsure without running the diagnostics test. They also advised another crosstrek came in with the same issue and the consumer was unable to get the vehicle out of park. So far I haven't had any further issues but I am concerned my brakes may fail causing an accident.

- Parkersburg, WV, USA

Nov 162015

XV Crosstrek

Sunroof exploded while I was driving 60 mph on the highway. I heard a loud boom, like a gun firing, and then glass flying everywhere. Glass went in my eyes, on my head, down my jacket, all over in the car, and all over the roof. The sunroof was "bubbled" outwards. This is a new vehicle with less than 450 miles.

- Eagle River, AK, USA

Jul 182015

XV Crosstrek

I was traveling on the highway at about 70mph the temperature outside was 91 the air in the car was on so inside temperature was about 70 degrees. I heard a loud pop and looked back at my two kids in the back then at my daughter. Glass was everywhere. My sunroof just imploded. No trucks were passing to tho up stones no other cars were close enough to cause this damage. There is a huge hole in the sunroof middle the surrounding areas are shattered and glass is in my seats and council as well as the car floor. I thank god no one was hurt going that fast on the highway! I have contacted my insurance company and they state they have never heard of this and I then google it and see there have been a few others where change in temperature and pressure cause the glass to implode. I will be contacting Subaru to file a claim.

- Almont, MI, USA