NHTSA — Engine Problems

2004 Suzuki Forenza engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Suzuki Forenza:

2004 Suzuki Forenza Owner Comments

Sep 232015

The contact owns a 2004 Suzuki Forenza. The contact stated that the engine warning indicator illuminated. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where the diagnosis was unknown. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 40,520. The VIN was not available.

- Monroe, MI, USA

Apr 302015

I bought my car used and it has a new tranny, cv axles and everything the only thing original is the engine. So I have already had to replace the O2 sensors twice at $60 each. I have had to replace the tps sensor, thermostat and housing, ignition coil, battery, starter, fuel pump and alternator. All because I kept getting the check engine lights on and throwing coding all over the place. And the car still stalls when I stop at a stop light and runs and idles rough. I have spent over $1500 fix this problem and it still exists I did all the work myself I have worked on cars my whole life and am a mechinic. Every mechanic I take it to can bot find the problem and Suzuki can't give an answer to the problem and I don't know what to do.

- Aurora , CO, USA

Jul 012014

The contact owns a 2004 Suzuki Forenza. The contact stated that while driving approximately 30 mph, the contact noticed smelled smoke and noticed fire emitting from the engine compartment. The fire department extinguished the fire. A police report was filed. The vehicle was destroyed. The manufacturer was notified of the fire. The approximate failure mileage was 74,000.

- Draper, UT, USA