NHTSA — Fuel/Propulsion System Problems

2006 Suzuki Forenza fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Suzuki Forenza:

2006 Suzuki Forenza Owner Comments

Apr 272016

The vehicle was stationary each time this occurred (3 times at stop lights, and yesterday, 4/27/16, in a parking lot). When I come to a stop (with foot on brake), the car starts to accelerate hard trying to go forward. Each time I put both feet on brake, and it still couldn't stop it, so I jerked it into park, then turned off key. Each time that kept me from crashing. It was scary because I have children in the car. Suzuki dealership in winston-salem didn't seem to know what it was, but said I could tow it in to get it looked at (cost $$$). then I called Suzuki dealer in raleigh nc and they said to bring it in for $110 for them to just look at it. It only happens randomly, so I don't trust that they will be able to figure it out. Please see the following weblink that described others having the same problem, but no solution (even after they took it to be worked on at Suzuki place). thanks.

- High Point, NC, USA

Dec 172014

The contact owns a 2006 Suzuki Forenza. The contact stated that while driving 45 mph, the engine stalled. In addition, the contact noticed that there was fuel leaking from the vehicle. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The VIN was not available. The approximate failure mileage was 145,000.

- Lakeland, FL, USA

Dec 182012

I purchased a used 2006 Suzuki Forenza 2006in Oct 2012. The first break down was a week after purchase there was a hole in the water pump. I called the dealership and that was replace in December 2012 I was driving to work I was stopped at a red light and there was a shake in the engine it begin to jerk and did not want to accelerate. I took it to aamco where they said it had to do with the transmission switch. They fixed it after two weeks I was coming off the freeway again at the stop light my car shook and the check engine light went on I took it back and they said it was the same code that had come up the first time. They fixed it again. Then a month later the same thing happen I ended up taking it to a dealership and it was the same thing with a transmission switch. Now the check engine light keeps going off and on everytime I take it in to get looked at the same code pops up with the transmission switch. Now there saying it has to be electrical and it is safe to drive with the check engine light on.

- Norwalk , CA, USA