NHTSA — Other Problems

2006 Suzuki Forenza miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Suzuki Forenza:

2006 Suzuki Forenza Owner Comments

Oct 312006

Forenza 4-cyl

Steering wheel malfunction - loss of vehicle control and drove off the road manufacturer and car dealership did not help multiple other defects, including engine stalling/gears "sticking" - please refer details in letter to be sent to your office by mail.

- Columbia, SC, USA

Jan 102007

Forenza 4-cyl

1. 4-26-2006, car repaired, found that the purge valve has an internal failure. R&R purge valve to correct. 2. 10-24-2006, car repaired, found code PO705 trans range switch, open intermittent. R&R trans range switch to correct. 3. 12-21-2006, car repaired, power steering light on. Found needle angle sensor part -3721-085Z00. Suzuki ordered part and still waiting for the part to be placed in car. 4. 12-29-2006, car repaired. Complaint was roaring noise and rmp needle going close to 5 and heat index exactly in the middle. The only repair done was R&R right wheel bearing in front and replaced hub. When on 1-10-2007 they called to pick up car all repairs done, I went and they told me that the car is sounding worse and it could possibly be a coupling by the tire and that I need a front wheel alignment and that's why I am having all these problems and that there is nothing wrong or found with the rmp needle going close to 5. I drove the car out and talked to another mechanic plus the owner of speedee's and they all laughed, and said that's not right and I would not go back. In driving the car now it really sounds bad and embarrassing, and sometimes it will not go past the speed I'm on while driving unless I release the brakes and press the gas again. The mechanic states not safety issue.

- Providence Village, TX, USA

Jul 032006

Forenza 4-cyl

Bought my car brand new with 16 miles on it in Jun. 2 weeks after I bought it, the car would not start. It has been in and out of the shop for 53 days and the problem is still not fixed.

- Grand Junction, CO, USA

May 282006

Forenza 4-cyl

I bought a Suzuki Forenza 2006 in 10/2005 and since February 2006 I've been having the same problem, 5 out of 7 days it does not want to start, I have taken the car to the dealer for the same thing three times and I call every week for the same reason, now they are telling me that they are aware of this particular problem with the Forenzas but they do not have a fix for this problem and there is nothing they could do for me. We bought new so we wouldn't have any problems, and we are paying for this car. Please help us.

- Philadelpia, PA, USA

Jun 152006

Forenza 4-cyl

: the contact stated the front passenger side air bag light illuminated. While attempting to start the vehicle the engine failed. When using the air conditioner there was an exhaust smell. The problems occurred intermittently. Although the dealership was alerted, no inspections have been made. The manufacturer has not been alerted.

- Mays Landing, NJ, USA