NHTSA — Unknown Or Other Problems

2.0

2006 Suzuki Forenza miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Suzuki Forenza:

2006 Suzuki Forenza Owner Comments

Dec 152015

Forenza

When putting the car in gear in either reverse or drive, there is a loud thunk and jumping feeling. There will also be an 'X' on the instrument panel next to the 'd' for drive on the shift selector. I have researched what the problem could be and it is the the range transmission sensor, it appears after researching this is a very chronic problem in the Suzuki Forenza.

- Vicksburg, MS, USA

Aug 232015

Forenza

At speed on interstate highway, the car suddenly fell out of gear, and lost speed rapidly. Dash transmission display showed scrambled gear in place of D. car continues to experience similar incidents and does not properly change gears; occasionally displays scrambled letter in place of appropriate display (R, N, D, 3, etc.)

- Knoxville, TN, USA

Aug 282013

Forenza

I was driving my Suzuki Forenza when it went from "drive" to basically neutral. I was driving on the interstate and was almost hit from behind because my car stalled. This has happened multiple times since and each time I've been lucky enough not to be hit. This is a seriously dangerous issue because it happens mid drive.

- Saint Louis, MO, USA

Sep 292011

Forenza

I purchased a used 2006 Suzuki Forenza in California. Biggest mistake of my life. I have had nothing but problems since I brought the vehicle. Two weeks after my purchase the engine light came on. I was visiting family in las vegas who helped me find a near by dealer. After the diagnostic they advised me the valve cover was sealed improperly. Now I just got the car 2wks prior so I called the used dealer I brought he car from and let them know what was going on. Not to mention the passenger door handle broke off. I see I am not the only one with door handle complaints. The dealer in las vegas fixed the leaking valve cover and replaced one spark plug as oil leaked into it. This was fixed under the warranty. A month later the vehicle started to stall and then accelerate by itself. The engine light came back on so I took it to a Suzuki dealer in van nuys, ca. The service manager advised me after the diagnostic it was the battery. I had the battery replaced and paid a diagnostic fee a total of $275. A few months after that the engine light was back on. While on my way to work the car stopped accelerating almost causing a vehicle to hit me. I took it back to the same dealer in van nuys who advised me the throttle was the issue. They replaced the throttle and the same issue is happening. They now claim it's the main engine wiring harness. I called american Suzuki to see if the "engine wiring harness" is covered under warranty. The power train does not cover the wiring harness. The dealer is asking for $1600 to replace it or $489 to repair the wires. I have only had it for 7mos. The dealer also gave a lengthy list of recommended services totaling $2541. I declined all recommended services and currently do not have a working vehicle. I believe the issues with this vehicle are pre-existing and the dealer I brought it from knew about it. I plan to return this car.

- Pamdale, CA, USA

Aug 072011

Forenza

Went to put the car in reverse and it wouldn't move - check engine light came on but car wouldn't move. Put the car in drive, the gear light on the control panel started flashing but the car still didn't move. Turn the car off - started it up again, panel lights still flashed, car went into gear but when the gas was pressed, barely moved - would not change gears. This has happened too many times and I'm afraid I might get stranded somewhere. Searched the internet and found multiple problems with the transmission range sensor. Can't afford a costly repair but car is the main transportation for my family. Please help!!!

- Virginia Beach, VA, USA

Jul 142011

Forenza

I have an 06 Suzuki Forenza with about 86,00 milkes. My check engine light came on while driving home from work. Seems to be the transmission range sensor. They reset something; light went out. Next morning on way to work, it came on again. Now have call in to mechanic to see how to get this fixed. I am afraid to drive it since I don't know if driving would cause further damage.

- Delta, PA, USA