NHTSA — Exterior Lighting Problems

2008 Suzuki Forenza lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Suzuki Forenza:

2008 Suzuki Forenza Owner Comments

Jul 222014

We were sent a safety recall notice dated 7/22/2014 stating there is a defect relating to abnormal operation of the high and/or low beam headlamps and the daytime running lamps. The notification states "recall service parts are not yet available to correct this condition. Providing repair parts is a top priority, however, their availability is not known at this time. Vehicle owners will be notified by mail when repair parts are available and scheduling appointments can then begin". it has been nearly one full year and no further communication from Suzuki motor of America, Inc. Has been received. In the meantime we are forced to operate a vehicle with "an increased risk of fire" and with the possibility that someone may not be able to properly see the vehicle due to the malfunctioning headlights. Millions of cars have been made with properly functioning headlights and daytime running lamps, this cannot possibly be that difficult of a repair to quickly engineer and implement. Is this unnecessary delay due to the fact that Suzuki no longer sells vehicles in the U.S. and therefore no longer thinks it has the obligation to fulfill recall requirements?? any help that can be provided would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

- Denver, CO, USA

Mar 212015

Forenza 4-cyl

My head lights were on dim, there was a flash and one light went out. About a mile later, the other head light went out. I had to run with my high beams on because I had no dim headlights. I received a recall letter that states that my car could be affected and I want this fixed! this car is my only way of going.

- Houston, AL, USA

Jul 012014

Forenza 4-cyl

The car daytime running light module(drl module) burned and melted, lights were not working properly, the emergency brake light remained on, the dashboard, car had a burned smell so strong that I had to detail it and it did not go(the strong burning odor) away after 2 weeks. I took my car to the shop and repaired the problem out of my pocket(drl module). I sent all the proper documentation to Suzuki motor of America cust svc department P.O. Box 1100 brea, ca 92822-1100, including the receipt of the repair, a copy of my driver license, copy of the registration, copy of the title of the vehicle(all documentation that they asked for in the safety recall notice), case and point they do not want to reimburse me, they are giving me a hard time, please help me because Suzuki motor of America is going to find any excuse not to pay me back, because of this irresponsible behavior towards customers and the bad products they make are out of the market.

- Hialeah, FL, USA

Aug 182014

The contact owns a 2008 Suzuki Forenza. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V262000 (exterior lighting), but the part was unavailable to repair the vehicle. The manufacturer was notified. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Boise, ID, USA

Aug 132013

The contact owns a 2008 Suzuki Forenza. The contact stated that while parked, the daytime running lights would not turn off and caused the battery to drain. In addition, the vehicle caught on fire. The contact referenced NHTSA campaign number: 14V262000 (steering) but did not confirm if the vehicle was included. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 59,000.

- Mansfield , TX, USA

Aug 142013

The contact owns a 2008 Suzuki Forenza. The contact stated that the headlights and hazard lights failed. The contact also stated that there was a burning odor being emitted. The failure recurred on multiple occasions. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic for diagnostic testing. The mechanic stated that the fuse was melted and burned. In addition, the carpet near the driver side was burned. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. Additionally, the contact received notifications for NHTSA campaign id number: 14V262000 (electrical) and stated that the part was not available for the recall. The approximate failure mileage was 47,000.

- King Street, SC, USA

Jun 202014

Headlights staying on.

- Houma, LA, USA

Dec 172012

Forenza 4-cyl

Please help! my 2008 Suzuki Forenza : is giving so much problems, I told the dealership and they said nothing is wrong. With the car, but the light stay on all the time, and I don't feel safe, can you help me?thank you for your help.

- Modesto, CA, USA