Moldings On Doors Peeling Off

9.0

1. manufacturer should recall and change the part (2 reports)
2002 Suzuki Grand Vitara body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Suzuki Grand Vitara:

2002 Suzuki Grand Vitara Owner Comments

Oct 012010

Grand Vitara

I did not buy a car to have it fall apart!!!!!! I have to open the passanger front door inorder to open the back passanger door or the molding continues to buckel and tear loose. You would think they would get it right!!!

- , Mesquite, TX, USA

Dec 302004

Grand Vitara

The first time the molding on the rear driver side door peeled of was 4 months after I bought it. It was covered under warranty. The second time it happened was about a year to a year & 1/2 later and by then the warranty was expired. This time it happened on both rear door moldings. The problem is caused by opening the rear doors when the front doors are closed. Seems like I should be able to open my rear doors, especially being the parent of 2 small children who HAVE to ride in the back seat. Anyway, I asked Suzuki for a good-will repair and they said no. I am not happy and I am looking for people who have had the same problem because I want to fight their decision.

- , Fair Oaks, CA, USA