NHTSA — Seat Belts: Front: Retractor Problems

2002 Suzuki Grand Vitara seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Suzuki Grand Vitara:

2002 Suzuki Grand Vitara Owner Comments

Jan 012004

Grand Vitara 4WD 6-cyl

I am writing about the seat belts in my 2002 Suzuki Grand vitara. The passenger seat belt frequently locks up and doesn't allow the person wearing it to move. I find it very annoying and potentially unsafe as whoever is in that seat usually ends up unbuckling it and not putting it back on. This also happens in the rear seats, although it isn't as much of a problem as I generally don't have rear passengers. I also have a problem with both front belts not retracting fully when we exit the vehicle, I checked with the dealer, but replacing the retractor was quite expensive and I feel this is a defect as seat belts should last longer then a few years.

- Minneapolis, MN, USA