NHTSA — Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal Problems

2004 Suzuki Grand Vitara engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Suzuki Grand Vitara:

2004 Suzuki Grand Vitara Owner Comments

Feb 012007

Grand Vitara 4WD 6-cyl

My 2004 Suzuki Grand vitara has a problem with the accelerator getting stuck down. It has happened twice this year (07). I was lucky both times as it happened before I had gotten onto the highway. And no one was hurt either time.I looked up Suzuki recalls online and found a recall for my make and model. However, when I called Suzuki and a local Suzuki dealer, I was told my VIN was not on their recall lists. This is a very dangerous problem and should be addressed by the manufacturer. I wonder how many people may have died since 2004 from accidents caused by their accelerator sticking" how many deaths or permanent injuries will it take to convince Suzuki that this problem is far more widespread than they thought??"

- St Charles, MO, USA