NHTSA — Service Brakes, Electric Problems

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara:

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Owner Comments

Jun 062010

Grand Vitara

My rear brakes are making a loud noice like metal against metal. I had the brakes checked at several places, including a Suzuki dealership (wright Suzuki) in addition to Firestone and Mr. Tire. All three said my rear brakes are in excellent condition as well as the front. I also reported that the brake pedal seems to go down a little further than what I precive as normal (compared to other vehicles). This started about 6 months ago and I just had them checked again on 8/28/10 at Mr. Tire again, and nothing is wrong. When I took my car to wright Suzuki to have another recall on the same vechicle certified that I had the work done earlier, another Suzuki Grand vitara like mine was pulling into the service bay and it's rear brakes were making the same noice as mine. I spoke to the owner and he said his started about 2 weeks earlier and he too noticed his brake peddle going down further than it had before. Now I only have mine and the other Suzuki owner with this problem, I am filing a complaint to see if others have had the same issue. I'm afraid my brakes may fail when I need them most. I'm trying to have something done but no one can find the problem.

- Bellevue, PA, USA