NHTSA — Seats Problems

2007 Suzuki Grand Vitara accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Suzuki Grand Vitara:

2007 Suzuki Grand Vitara Owner Comments

Jun 102011

Grand Vitara

After noticing that the airbag light which monitors inflators, crash sensors, seat belt pretension, the front passenger sensing system, and corresponding electrical circuits stayed on after starting the car, I took it to the Suzuki dealer. After they inspected it, they told me that the problem was a sensor in the driver seat. He told me me that the sensor was inside the drivers seat and that the drivers seat with the sensor inside would cost $1,984.42 plus labor. I contacted the Suzuki main offices in brea, ca who offered to replace the whole assembly at a cost to me for a total of $300. I don't think I should pay for that since it is a manufacturer's defect and the differences in price between the dealer and the manufacturer means that they own the responsibility. I am now driving with the sensor light on and the airbag may or may not deploy because of this. 06/

- Miami, FL, USA