NHTSA — Power Train: Automatic Transmission Problems

7.1

2007 Suzuki Grand Vitara transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Suzuki Grand Vitara:

2007 Suzuki Grand Vitara Owner Comments

May 202007

Grand Vitara

Two more problems with my vehicle, gear shift sticking and unable to shift without jamming it into the correct gear. Two, the air conditioning has a foul odor when you turn the vehicle on all the time. I have taken my vehicle in for both problems. The gear shift first off will pop out of place if hit even in park or when the car in not running and it sticks and has to be jammed into place, I have taken it in and was told could not duplicate problem-never fixed. The air conditioning stinks badly, the odor is offensive, smells like a porta potty or something dead! I have taken it in 2 X for this. They put lysol in the coils and told me it was fixed both times. The second time I was told to spray lysol or bleach in the ledge at the top. This does not help and I still have the problem!

- Ft Myers , FL, USA