NHTSA — Electrical System Problems

2012 Suzuki Kizashi electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Suzuki Kizashi:

2012 Suzuki Kizashi Owner Comments

Aug 112014

Kizashi

On August 11, 2014 my vehicle caught fire while I was driving home from work. I had to pull over around the corner from my job because I smelled smoke and saw smoke in my car. I pulled over a local Firestone mechanic shop. I opened up my console because most of the smoke was coming from the console, and when I opened the console I saw fire. I rushed inside the Firestone to get help. The mechanics at the Firestone use a fire extinguisher, and the fire department was called. The fire also started up again underneath my cup holder in the car, and after this happened the battery was disconnected. The fire department said the fire appeared to have started as a result of an electrical problem with the ac power plug. I did not have anything plugged in the cigarette lighter, so how the fire started and why I do not know. I'm very concerned about my safety and the vehicle. I also filled a claim with Suzuki corporation, and they had an inspector come out to inspect the car. The inspector is unable to determined what caused the fire in the car.

- Kennesaw, GA, USA